We are delighted to officially introduce Winemaker’s Takeovers, a new series of events at 28°-50° Wine Workshop and Kitchen. Unique to 28°-50°, the Winemaker’s Takeovers will bring a series of exciting wine producers from across the globe to London to take over our restaurants on Maddox Street and Marylebone Lane, for one night only.
A new concept for London and open to all, the evenings are carefully designed to offer guests unprecedented access to their favourites winemakers. Each winemaker will be on site to speak to guests, while complimentary wine tasters will be served throughout the evening. Wines can be ordered by the glass, with a limited number of bottles also available to buy at a reduced price for the duration of the evening to drink in or to take away (until they’re all snapped up, that is!) The Winemaker’s Takeovers are free to attend and un-ticketed; simply book a table to dine or walk in for post-work drinks to get involved. We have already welcomed World class producers such as Epicure Wines, Cullen, Astrolabe, Barmes Buecher, Henschke...
Are you looking for a unique way to entertain? We are excited to introduce our all-new wine quiz package, perfect for office parties, entertaining clients or for team building days.
A fun and alternative take on the traditional pub quiz, our quizzes will take place at 28°-50° Maddox Street. Guests will start the evening with a champagne and canape reception. Teams of up to six will then be compete against each other in an action-packed challenge combining classic questions and picture rounds with blind tastings, food pairings, and even a cocktail making competition for a night of wine appreciation like no other. Better still, the winning team will receive a magnum of wine chosen by our own Master Sommelier, Clement Robert.
Quizzes can be tailored for all levels of knowledge, from beginners to fully-fledged aficionados. The event will last approximately 2 ½ hours, and will be priced at £2,500.00 for a quiz for up to 30 people. Additionally, 28°-50°’s team of chefs can prepare a delicious buffet to accompany your event – prices on request.
Wine Tasting Events 2018
We have an exciting line up of wine tasting packages for 2018. Our wine tasting events are ideal for office parties, entertaining clients or for a get together with friends. Our wine tasting packages can be tailored to suit your needs to enable us to deliver events that your guests will remember. A list of our wine tasting packages for groups of 1-10 guests follows:
- Old World vs New World: 6 different wines (3x European vs 3x New World) priced at £450.
- Tour of Europe: 5 different wines (including wines from France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Portugal) priced at £350.
- Tour of the New World: 5 different wines (including wines from Australia, Argentina, USA, New Zealand and Chile) priced at £350.
- Unusual and quirky wines: 5 different wines priced at £350.
- Sparkling wine tasting: 5 different wines (5 different types from their respective countries: Champagne, English Sparkling wines, Australian Sparkling Wines, Franciacorta, Cava) priced at £500.
- Prestige selection: 5 different wines priced at £600.
- Super premium selection: 5 different wines (Grand cru Burgundy, Cru Classe Bordeaux, Iconic Estate and Legendary wines) priced at £1000.